Think with me for a moment about your industry or profession. More than likely, you are one of more than thousands and perhaps hundreds of thousands of others that do what you do.
Why should anyone choose your services over all the potential options they have? I know you are more beautiful (or handsome) than the others. You are certainly smarter (you’re reading this aren’t you?) and, of course, more honest.
But really, how does anyone who needs your service know that?
Now think about the three or four people at the very top of your profession or industry. Those individuals that all the others look to, admire and would love to work with and get direct help from. Chances are, those individuals are all best-selling authors.
John Maxwell was unknown before he wrote his books. So was Tony Robbins, Dave Ramsey, Suze Orman, Zig Ziglar and the list goes on. Even our current President of the United States was unknown until he penned his best-selling book and got on the Oprah Winfrey show to launch it and announce his candidacy.
So what about you? Will it work for you? The simple answer is yes.
Here are 7 Ways to Explode Your Income and Impact with a Best Selling Book:
- Give it away. Yep, I said give it away. First of all, the majority of the income does not come from the book, but rather from serving people who are introduced to you by the book. If you have written a book to a very specific audience (and you should) then when that audience wants it, they are asking for your help. So give it away in all your marketing but make sure that you collect name, address, telephone number and email address in exchange.
- Use it to get on TV. There are hundreds of local TV stations across the country. They all have news and human interest shows, and all of them need content constantly. Producers of these shows want to deal with experts – and who is more of an expert than a best-selling author?
- Use it to get on the radio. See above.
- Use it to get on podcasts. See above. Podcasts are amazing. The audience is always very targeted so if you choose the correct podcasts then you will be getting your message out to your ideal customer rather than to a less interested mass audience.
- Use it to get into print – newspapers, magazines, industry articles. Contrary to popular belief, print is not dead. Magazines and newspapers are always looking for great content but more than that they are also looking for expert contributors who are willing to create new content regularly for their publications. You can’t pay for better press than that!
- Use it to get featured on blogs and online publications. See above.
- Lastly, use it to get speaking engagements – small and BIG. Right now there are associations, conferences and private (or public) organizations in your industry that are looking for experts to speak. Imagine standing in front of thousands of potential clients that know you are the gal (or guy) who literally wrote the book on their topic. We have had clients go from completely unknown in their industry to speaking to over 20,000 people on the biggest stage in their field in less than one year. All accomplished because of their best-selling book.
Rob Kosberg is a #1 best-selling author, founder of www.BestSellerPublishing.org and has been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and the Wall Street Journal.
Rob has spoken to and taught thousands of entrepreneurs, coaches and consultants how to stop hunting for clients and instead position themselves as the hunted.
Through his trademarked Publish. Promote. Profit. (TM) program Rob helps his clients to create their own professional, best selling book (guaranteed) and then teaches them how to use that book to grow their income via speaking engagements, free publicity and lead generation strategies.
Rob used his own best-selling book and these strategies to build his last company to over $1,000,000 in income in less than 15 months.